Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 15- The End

Hola familia y amigos!

By now you might have heard the news. If not here we go.

I have been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for a long
long time. The mission field is highly stressful and my depression has
gotten worse. The Church has wonderful programs to help people like me
who face problems like mine and I am so grateful for the help I have
received here in the field. Even with the help I have had serious
thoughts of suicide. This past week during a panic attack I broke down
and took a razor to my skin. I felt so low and dark. No one would have
know but my mission president, President Slaughter, asked me to report
serious event about my depression to him. He heard the news and is
obligated to report information like this to mission headquarters. Now
the church is willing to help heal me but I am a risk to myself and
the well being of the church. The Church doesn't want to gamble with a
missionary's mental health or, in my case, self harm.

I will be coming home on Tuesday.

This is medical release and I am under the impression I will not be
allowed to return to the field. I am so sorry. You all were incredible
in your support to get me out here and to help me while I've been
here. It truly takes a village to raise a missionary. You all deserve
missionaries who are strong, and valiant and can push on through hard
times. I wish that could have been me. I didn't want to let you, the
people I love most of all, down.

I do want you all to know that this week I have worked my hardest. We
set 6 people with a baptismal date, got 13 people to come to church,
and taught 9 lessons coming to a total of 7 progressing investigators.
For those of you who don't understand what my missionary talk means.
Know this, my area is doing best in the entire mission of Texas San
Antonio!

It's been a short while, but I am in the business of changing heart
and in this past 4 months that is exactly what I have done!

I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ,
called of Him by prophecy and revelation,
and assigned to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission.
I have been sent to teach repentance and baptize converts.
This is who I am and this is why I am here!

I invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the
restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement,
repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and
enduring to the end.

My decision has been made. I've put my hand to the plough. I've
crossed the line. So as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the
Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Every Sister, every Elder, all in!

Love,
Elder Hollingsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment